Thursday, October 11, 2012

GIL SCHAFER AND THE GREAT AMERICAN HOUSE

I had the pleasure of spending time with the very talented Gil Schafer the last two years at the Design Leadership Summit, so I was thrilled when I received an advance copy of his new book from Rizzoli, The Great American House: Tradition for the Way We Live Now. Not only is Gil one of AD's 100, but also a winner of Veranda's "Art of Design Award". In addition to being an amazing architect, Gil is also a very charming man with a fabulous sense of humor. The book is gorgeous, the photography luscious. It is positively inspiring down to the very last detail!


Gil will be speaking at ADAC on October 16th at 10 am and I, for one, cannot wait to grab a front row seat!




















1 comment:

  1. I am speechless. I can say this house is lovely. Every spot is perfect and speaks of an intelligent mind. Gil Schafer must have been very careful as he laid down the plans for this home. I will be dropping by your blog more often to see more of similar
    cabinets NJ ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete